The initiative was part of a project called “Strengthening the role of networks and coalitions to promote human rights in Brazil,” sponsored by Petrobras. In 2014, communication workshops were developed in partnership with members of human rights networks aiming at building capacity around planning and execution of communication products. The participating networks worked on the following topics:
– Confronting the genocide of black youth;
– Fighting violence against women and LGBT population (femicide, lesbophobia, homophobia and transphobia);
– Promotion of the right to the city (impact of mega sports events);
– Protection of human rights defenders; and
– The right to land and territory (quilombo communities and indigenous peoples).
Communication products, such as booklets and videos, were developed for Brazil Fund.