Objetivos e público prioritário
Make the fight against youth lethality a priority on the government’s agenda.
- Participation in the meetings of the Committee for the Prevention of Adolescent Homicide.
- Facilitation of workshops with adolescents.
- Participation in meetings with authorities and/or councils.
- Campaign on social media.
- Production of t-shirts.
Fortaleza, the country’s fifth largest capital, has the highest rate of homicide during adolescence, according to the IHA – an index that measures this type of death. In 2015 alone, according to the Department of Public Security and Social Defense, 387 boys and girls aged 10 to 19 were killed in the city – an average of more than one death a day. Data from the Committee on the Prevention of Homicide in Adolescence show that murders are concentrated in four neighborhoods: Vicente Pizon, Grande Bom Jardim, Barra do Ceará and Jangurussu. The victims, most of the time, are Black men between 13 and 15 years old. In general, they had dropped out of school at least six months before they died.
About the organization
The DCA Forum was created in the early 1990s, and it is a group composed of non-governmental organizations and militant professionals, who work in the area of childhood and adolescence. It is a democratic space dedicated to the articulation and mobilization around the rights of children and adolescents. Its main goal is advocacy, demanding that the state fulfills its role developing public policies.
- National Committee to Fight Sexual Violence against Children and Adolescents.
- Ceará Committee for the Prevention of Adolescent Homicide
- Inter-sectoral Commission of the Youth Detention System.
- Public Policies Observatory
- Public Ministry
- Municipal Education Forum.
- Jangurussu Articulation Network.
Annual Call for Proposals
R$ 40 mil
The rights of children and adolescents