Objetivos e público prioritário
To systematize strategic litigation, and advocate for LGBTI rights before the Federal Supreme Court, aiming at positively influencing the constitutional actions in progress.
- Writing specific memorials for each action.
- Promote the articulation between congressional representatives and members of the Federal Public Ministry.
- Represent civil society on the dates of the trials.
The legal department of Grupo Dignidade is currently monitoring the progress of four constitutional actions and an extraordinary appeal aimed at ensuring LGBTI rights. They are: Injunction Order 4733, reported by Minister Edson Fachin; Direct Unconstitutionality Action due to omission number 26, reported by Minister Celso de Mello; Direct Unconstitutionality Action number 4275, reported by Minister Marco Aurélio; Direct Unconstitutionality Action number 5543, reported by Minister Edson Fachin; and Extraordinary Appeal number 84.577-9, reported by Minister Roberto Barroso.
About the organization
Grupo Dignidade is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1992 in Curitiba. In the state of Paraná, they are pioneers in the promotion of LGBT citizenship (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transvestite and transsexual).
- ABGLT - Brazilian Association of Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, Transvestites and Transsexuals.
- LGBTI National Alliance.
- It Gets Better Network.
- Brazilian Institute of Sexual Diversity.
- Citizenship Center of Paraná
Strategic Litigation (2017)
Right to free sexual orientation and gender identity