About the Emergency Support Policy 2019
The response to emergency situations will focus mainly on protection measures for individuals, their families and immediate circle, and may also aim at the performance of their organizations and collectives.
The response to emergency demands will happen through direct financial support, which may include, among others, logistics, food, physical and psychological health care, assistance with the hiring of legal advice and strengthening of safety nets. Applications may be submitted by non-governmental organizations, groups, collectives and/or individuals..
A – Improvement of internal, individual and collective security measures:
- Support in giving visibility to reports of threats and violence;
- Training and capacity building of leaders for the emergency and daily prevention practice, protection and life assurance;
- Support for community legal advice in monitoring threats and legal proceedings against human rights activists.
B – Emergency Withdrawal of Activists (individuals) from their place of operation:
- Drastic cases, properly based on case study, careful analysis of local context, family situation and psychological condition of threatened people.
C – Support and strengthening of solidarity networks
- Support to collectives, community groups and movements committed to the human rights agenda and aware of the need for collaboration in cases of threat to leaders and activists, in order to offer protection, support and physical, structural, emotional and psychological protection to those who are threatened and continue to live in conflict territories after the end of the support period.