The main strategic goals for Brazil Fund’s next years of work and the routes to achieve them were discussed and defined during two meetings held in September. The Board of Trustees, the Board of Directors and the entire team participated in this event.
An evaluation of the ten years of the Fund’s activities preceded the meeting and resulted in an outline of six goals to be achieved in the coming years.
The objectives are:
- To strengthen collectives, groups and organizations, including new actors, in their organizational processes and struggle for human rights;
- To enable the conditions for dialogue between various groups and actors and for the reconfiguration of the field of human rights;
- To strengthen the human rights defenders protection networks in face of the growing violations at different levels and instances;
- To promote communication that contributes to the change of culture and behavior in favor of human rights;
- To encourage larger donations to human rights in Brazil;
- To promote the institutional development and financial sustainability of the Brazil Fund.