Objetivos e público prioritário
Identify situations of institutional violence and discrimination suffered by youth to build strategies to recognize and value the artistic, cultural and political manifestation of groups from these territories.
- Planning, execution and monitoring.
- Mobilization of collective groups.
- Participatory diagnosis.
- Political Education.
- Collective production of a communication tool.
- Collaborative production and the organization of the 8º edition of this event.
The violation of youth rights is manifested in a number of ways, especially when we weigh in the lack of specific public policies for this audience. In this context, poor, young people living in peripheric areas are affected by the systematic denial of rights, such as the right to the city, especially in relation to the freedom of movement and free artistic, cultural and political manifestation in public spaces where they are almost always criminalized. In the metropolitan area of Belo Horizonte, these young people have their access from certain territories, spaces, and public facilities denied. They suffer racial, gender, class and generational discrimination, as well as institutional violence, especially by the Military Police.
About the organization
The Youth Forum of the Great BH area was created in 2004 moved by the absence of public policies for the youth in the metropolitan area of Belo Horizonte considering their right to the city and the ongoing process of invisibilization and criminalization of the youth culture in peripheral areas. The Forum comprises a network of independent entities, movements, groups and activists that develop different types of work performed by young people. It works in the defense of youth rights and on the construction of public policies. It carries out training, mobilization, communication and advocacy actions.
- Internet without Borders.
- Community Image Association.
- People's Brigades.
- Active Head Group.
- Na Raça Group.
- Terra Firme Group.
- Tucum Institute.
- Our Sarau Group.
- Image Workshop.
- Sarau dos Vagal.
- Municipal Youth Council of Belo Horizonte.
- Minas says No to Reducing Legal Age.
- People's Brigades Socio-educational Group.
- Minas Gerais Front on Drugs and Human Rights.
- Metropolitan Forum of Youth and Adult Education.
- Institute of Youth Ministry.
- Intelligence and Heart Society.
Annual Call for Proposals
The right to just and sustainable cities